Terms & Conditions
Memorial Arrangements and Account Payment
Last Updated November 2018
Once signing our order form you are lawfully accepting our business and trading Terms and Conditions listed below therefore entering into a contract with Hickton Stonemasonry, also accepting the terms of the cancelation period**.
1. Estimates and expenses Estimates are given in writing and/or verbally at the time of arrangements to give an indication of the charges likely to be incurred on the basis of the information and details we are aware of at the date of estimate. While we make every effort to ensure the accuracy of the estimate, the charges are liable to alteration particularly where third parties change their rates or charges. We may not know the amount of third party charges in advance of the order, however we will give you a best estimate of such charges. The actual amount of the charges will be detailed and shown on the final invoice.
2. Layouts and order forms Once the order form and/or layout has been signed as approved the order will be processed from the details on the order and/or layout; should there be any errors with any details after these forms have been signed, the client will be responsible for any additional costs to rectify any mistakes.
3. Who will be responsible for paying the account?
You as the signatory and applicant/client are responsible for paying this account, either in person or via solicitor, banks, insurance policies or other methods.
4. Advanced Pre Payment
We will require a pre payment for services and disbursements in advance of the memorial fixing date. This is required one week from when the order form has been signed. Payment can be made in full or a minimum deposit of 50% is required. If a client fails to make payment by the required date the contract for the provision of the services will be deemed to be breached and we will not provide those goods and services. We will only make a new arrangement to provide those services when a full payment for those services is received.
5. When will the account be sent out?
Unless you request otherwise, the memorial invoice is sent out within 7-10 days of the memorial being fitted.
6. When do we expect payment (Credit Terms)?
We ask for payment of the memorial account within 30 days of the invoice date.
We accept Cheques, Cash, BACS, CHAPS, finance or debit/credit card for payment.
7. What If you have problems paying within the 30 days?
This could be due to solicitors acting on your behalf or insurance policies, we fully understand this and if you can let our office know as soon as possible when payment is expected we can try to accommodate the situation as best possible.
8. What if the memorial account cannot be paid?
You must contact us as soon as possible to discuss the situation. We offer a payment plan based on individual circumstances, a deposit may be required before monthly payments can start. This is subject to status of the person/s applying for the loan. Please note all accounts beyond our credit terms will be passed to our debt collection agency, Sinclair Goldberg Price Ltd. All accounts, without exception, will be subject to a surcharge of 15% plus vat to cover our costs in recovery. These accounts will also be subject to any legal costs incurred in obtaining settlement. The client hereby consents to the jurisdiction of the Dudley, Birmingham, Sandwell or Solihull country Courts for the resolution of any disputes.
9. Non Payment Of Account
The memorial will remain property of Hickton Stonemasonry until payment is made in full, therefore should payment not be received within our credit terms we have the right to remove the memorial until payment is made in full. The memorial will then have to be reinstated at an additional cost to the client.
10. General Data Protection Regulation 2018
11. Your right to cancel this contract within fourteen days of receipt of this notice
You have the right to cancel this contract if you so wish. This right can be exercised by sending or taking a cancellation notice to the registered office detailed below at any time within the period of 14 days, starting from the date of the order form being signed.
Notice of cancellation will be deemed as having been served as soon as it is posted or sent to us at the address below or, in the case of electronic mail, from the day it is sent to us. You should understand that, should you choose to cancel the contract having given your authority to commence work, you may be charged for services provided or disbursements incurred.
**If you wish the contract to commence within the cancellation period you will have signed our order form. This gives us authority to enable work to commence in agreement with the contract to provide the goods and services associated with the contract.
12. Standards of Service (Complaints Procedure)
At all times we, as a company endeavour to act professionally, caring and understandingly at these difficult times following a bereavement. However, in the unfortunate instance where you, as our client feel that our standards of service were not completely satisfactory to you or your family’s needs and you wish to make a complaint to resolve the issue, this must be done in writing/email to Mr Ross W. Hickton at the below address no later than one month after the fixing date of the memorial.
Mr T.E.W Hickton, Mr R. W. Hickton, Mr G.W Hickton, Miss J.L.W Hickton trading as Hickton Stonemasonry
Registered Office: Whitmore House, 8-11 Lower High Street, Cradley Heath, B64 5AB.
Partners: Mr T.E.W Hickton, Mr R. W. Hickton, Mr G.W Hickton, Miss J.L.W Hickton
VAT REG NO: 982239690